Sunday, January 11, 2015

Childhood Friendship

My Lauren called me Friday to give me a 'heads up' that she was bringing a friend by on Saturday, to see her old 'Tree House'.......'just to let you know, taotao, so you won't be sittin' around in your underware'.......(when Vicki & John bought these acres years ago, John built a huge tree house for Brittany & Lauren)......So, even tho it was a cold, build a roaring fire, stay home, kind of day, I did get dressed early, fix my hair & apply some make up........Vicki arrives for coffee, conversation, & to pick up Rileigh Shea. (Vicki was in on the surprise) A couple hours go by, there's a tap on the door & in walks Lauren with a young man behind her. Instantly, I saw the face of her best childhood friend, Garrett ! I was shocked to see his handsome face on a 6'4" frame. They were inseparable from around ages 4 to 8 or nine, when Garrett moved to Edmond.
They went out & climbed the ladder where they used to play in that old tree house.
I think John spent the nite with them up there right before Garrett moved away. I think both of them had only OSU gear in their closets...bwahahaha. I was afraid Lauren would NEVER outgrow that wardrobe! I've always secretly thought they could be a great romantic story........if not, @least their friendship has re-connected into something other than fb......they were on their way to a movie..............

No comments: