Saturday, November 21, 2009

TWO EPIPHANIES THIS WEEKEND

I'm trying to create an 'old hairstyle', Vicki gave me in the '80's' and am having a hard time. I found a new hairdresser & got things started, however, it was not working out....does not 'look like Vicki's cut'....can't make this old broad understand 'the firefly' style of the time. I KNOW she has been in business long enuf to 'remember the cut'.....So, the other day I dragged out some pictures of myself with 'the cut' & took them to her shop. She pretty much 'nailed it', and I feel confident, & eventually, it will be the cut I want. As I returned home, and took the pictures from my purse, I took a good hard look @who I was back then, & who I am now. For the first time, I think I have finally separated myself from those 1980 photos. It was a really sad situation, and I cried. 'Oh, My God!, I am not 'her' anymore, I am really seventy......It was a hard realization, I AM REALLY OLD NOW! I don't FEEL any older than those pictures I was looking at, but I AM!, ......and, my dears, SEVENTY AIN'T BAD! OLD is only a word. BAAHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments: