Thursday, June 11, 2009

OH MY GOD, JULIE IS THAT YOU?

Had a wonderful surprise @the supermarket today, and no, it wasn't the price of pork. Early this morning I took Gerald for his procedure @the VA hospital. We both left our cell phones home, so I didn't get to meet up with Katy as I usually do. We had a good lunch, then off to the supermarket......no list today, Gerald went in with me & got on one of those driving baskets. We're coming down an isle & as I look up, there is this pretty lady giving me a big grin & stops in her tracks. I could feel a big hug coming my way...'Julie, is that you'? 'Yesssss, fran, it is'. We were both elated to see one another & I had a hundred questions, & got a lot of information in a short time. We will continue on the phone next week.

Julie was around 12 the last time I saw her. Her mother (Mae) worked for me @Railhead as a maid for years.....probably ten at least & I was close to hers & her husband John's family. Mae is from Ireland and all that entails, John is from Oklahoma & all that entails, They were very much in love and it showed. It was nice to see. In fact it was Mae's sister in law who sold me my acreage on Guam. All the years I knew Rosa, I thought she was a Mexican lady until I made the announcement I was moving to Guam & found out she was Chamorro.

Julie informed me that her parents still live in Bethany, (same address), & that her brother, Kevin lost his first wife & is getting married again Saturday, her sister Sheila is coming in from Illinois, & blah, blah, blah........I find it amazing that we could recognize each other twenty-one years down the road. Especially since she was only twelve, and I was a size 10.........oh, ya, now I remember...she did know me as being as fat as I am now, because I was this size from the time she was four to about ten.................

No comments: