Monday, June 29, 2009

SO GLAD TO BE HOME!

Well, the trip to South Dakota was not a very good experience for my fourteen year old grand daughter, and, not much better for her Taotao. Maybe we had to many 'expectations'. The car travel 'up north' was fun. We made many stops & our driver (Sindi) was a great companion. Lauren & her cousin Taylor met for the first time. Lauren is 14, a soccer enthusiast, and all about sports. Taylor is 15, and a girly girly, and all about make up & all that implys. The first 500 miles, they were in seperate seats & quiet. The second 500 miles, they bonded somewhat. We spent our first nite in the Black Hills & the next day was a great day to explore Mount Rushmore, The Custer State Park, & The Badlands of South Dakota. What a glorious site. They really had a good time @the badlands, and I think they will always remember that experience. We then arrived at my sister's home for a few days. Day one: Sindi's car was in trouble & needed attention. (sent to the garage). I felt stranded at that point....

I wanted to show my granddaughter so many things, but transportation was limited. My Sister had a house full of company that weekend (Fathers Day) and she was tired. Then we arrived. I think we were too much for her. She did entertain us. We played scrabble (one of her favorite games), not mine, by the way....she always beats me....but my grand daughter likes the game.

Our trip south was uneventful. Lots of stops, lots of drinks & chips, lots of silence, and lots of Wah Hoo's when we reached the Oklahoma Border.......You have to be an OKIE to understand reaching the Oklahoma State Line.........................




No comments: