Thursday, June 4, 2009

FRUSTRATION with LACK of customer service

I'm getting old and frustrations should be 'few and far between', however, sometimes they are not. Yesterday I was making a 'follow up' phone call for a loan I had applied for about ten days ago. The application said I would get a 'deny or approve' within seventy two hours'. I waited, and waited, to no avail. So yesterday I called them back...'Hello, this is fran king, I applied for a loan........excuse me, Mrs. King, let me transfer you to that department'........Hello, this is Kathy........'oh, hi Kathy, this is fran king, I applied for a loan about ten days ago & someone was supposed to get back to me in 72 hours... is the loan for the mortgage, automobile, or personal department? says Kathy'....I tell her, 'one moment please,...'what is your SS#' ? I tell her. 'OK, Mrs. King, I will transfer you to Albert, he has your file, & will be able to help you'. 'Thanks'. 'Hello, this is Albert (chomp, chomp, chomp) can I help you'? 'Yes, this is fran king, & blah blah blah, 'excuse me, (chomp chomp) what is your SS#'? I repeat it again. 'Well, let me see, chitch ta chitch ta chitch ta chitch.......'oh ya, here it is', chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp...'didn't I send you an email''? 'No, I haven't heard from anyone' says I, and wanted to scream in the phone 'Don't you get an effing lunch break'? 'Oh, it's been transferred to so & so department, we will get back with you in a couple of days, chomp, chomp, chitch ta chitch ta chitch'! 'Thanks for calling SOB BANK'. What in the world has happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE? There is none. To make matters worse: today I needed to mail in the second half of my property taxes & decided to go to the Post Office to send them off as I did not have a stamp, (BECAUSE I pay all my bills online) I paid the first half of my property taxes ONLINE 12/31/08, but when I tried to pay the second half(+ interest cuz I'm late) I was informed that I could NOT. 'Why is that? I do not understand, if I can pay the first half, or pay IN FULL on 12/31, then why can't I pay the second half online'? says I. "Because that's OUR RULES" says she........OMG, that explains everything! So I drive over to the P.O. (approximately four miles) & BELIEVE THIS OR NOT... our POST OFFICE DOES NOT HAVE A STAMP MACHINE!........A POST OFFICE WITHOUT A STAMP MACHINE, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? ..SHIT! I ain't EVEN believing this.........maybe it's a PODUNK, OKLAHOMA thang........

No comments: