Thursday, July 9, 2009

OH, MOM, THIS WILL MAKE YOU LOOK 10 YEARS YOUNGER

Lauren comes over yesterday and announces she is getting a haircut....just a little off the ends...& some dark highlights. 'Great', says I. 'What time is your appointment'? She told me it was @seven o'clock. My first thought was 'John is off tonite, so he will probably watch Rileigh Shea'.

Vicki is usually home from work around 5:30, so when it got close to 6:00, I asked Lauren if she had heard from her mother. Yes she had. 'But taotao, you know when I said my appointment was @7:00'? 'Yes'? 'Well, it IS @seven, but my Mom is doing my hair, she is @the beauty supply place getting the stuff & will be here soon'. I knew by her tone & body language that meant my kitchen was soon to be our own private little beauty shop. 'And, taotao, Mom & I were thinkin that there would be enuf hair color left over, we could color your hair too, if you want to'. Oh My God! they're talking about me behind my back, and think I look OLD & HAGGARD! 'Lauren, I thought y'all liked my silvery hair, you've always said........'we do like your silvery hair, taotao, we're just sayin....you might like a change' 'Well, you're probably right, a change may do me good'.

Wondering again what brought on their conversation about making my hair dark? Maybe it's because a week or so ago, I had Sindi glue individual eyelashes on me like she always did in the '80's. They were wonderful, looked very natural, and lasted a long time. When she arrived @my house that Sunday, she found not only the 'single' individual lash, but a new lash we had not seen....it was individual but flared out. So, she mixed them.......Well, let me tell you, Carol Channing had nothing on me! Of course, I exagerate..but next time, I'll stick to the singles.

Lauren gets to be first while Rileigh drags out my dish towels for me to make her a cape & hood, then gets a baggie for her basket. She is Little Red Riding Hood & I'm The Big Bad Wolf......we play this @least once a day, but I get to do it twice this day! :-) While Lauren is washing her hair, I'm already on the stool for my application. I am now thinking that I have lived with this silvery hair for three or four years now......so, don't go into shock, scream, or start bawling when you look in the mirror. 'Oh, I don't know about this, Vicki'. 'What's to worry, you will look ten years younger when I am finished' she boasts.

Well, I didn't even need a mirror. As soon as Lauren washed & towel dried my hair, they both howled and screamed with laughter! Rileigh just looked on in horror.

Ten years younger MY ASS. I look like all those seventy and eighty year old filipino people on Guam. They all dye their hair jet black until their dying day...each & everyone of them! Vicki was calling me Elvis, but the vision of Korea's Kim Jong Il kept creeping into my mind.


No comments: