Sunday, July 5, 2009

PATRIOTISM WAS ALIVE @ MOORE WARREN THEATER JULY 4TH

My niece Sindi and I had a late lunch yesterday (July 4th) and decided to take in a movie, rather watch fireworks in the rain. A storm was brewing and headed our way. Public Enemies was a good choice. I loved the soundtrack & classic automobiles as much as the script.

I must post what a heart warming surprise Bill Warren had for all his patrons prior to showtime. This booming voice came over the sound system (same booming voice they always have for announcements) acknowledging the Birth of Our Country, This Great Land of America. There was the recitation of 'The Ragged Old Flag' by Johnny Cash, followed by 'The Pledge of Allegiance' by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Everyone jumped to their feet @ first note.

I've been concerned with our country's lack of patriotism, but Bill Warren restored my hope.

If you don't have a Warren Theater in your neighborhood, you're absolutely missing out! They are Art Deco design with forty foot ceilings etc, etc......check out www.warrentheatres.com

No comments: