Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How Many Ways Does Love Have?

I went thru some old emails today looking for our Stallman Family Reunion information sent to me from my sister Barbara. I stumbled across an email I had sent her regarding a conversation between Gerald and I several months ago.

I had picked him up to take him to one of his procedures @the VA hospital. As we were driving, and engaged in conversation, he was telling me that he had been to a week-end outing at an antique mall. He said that on Sunday's, this particular mall had a cook out & 'live music'. He said that on the Sunday he participated, it was special for him because the band was playing all the good tunes that reminded him of us during our youth.

I asked 'what were they playing'? 'Oh, you know, Pennies From Heaven, You Are My Everything, Don't You Know, and all those good songs that we used to love & dance too, remember'?....'Yes, I remember'. 'And, I still love you'....I'm silent. 'You don't have to respond, fran.......I know you still love me too'.

'You know Gerald, that I do love you, but, not in the same way as I did back then'...then there was a silence, & he responded. 'How many ways does love have, fran'? I was speechless for a minute. Then I told him that there are all ways.... I just loved him..........and I still do.

No comments: