Thursday, October 8, 2009

For those who don't remember the '70's

I had the 'best hour of TV' tonite as I watched a Dean Martin Variety Show filmed in the '70's'. I literally laughed my ass off. What a treat! Those old shows were a hoot! Total entertainment on each show. Dean Martin had a variety show that ran for nine seasons. He never rehearsed a single show, and his spontaneous humor was hilarious, as was the action, or reaction, from all his guests. It was very entertaining to see & remember Frank Sinatra, Dom DeLuise, John Wayne Orson Wells, and several more. I've ordered a collection of his shows to dwindle in one by one every six weeks. Bonnie Hunt has a daytime show now & uses a replica of his old set for her show. She is dedicated to him & is rising in her ratings. I think she is very funny and fresh. Then jump to present day television.......I watched the Dr. Phil show today, & they were talking about teenagers & how they view sex. Absolutely shocking. He was promoting a new book entitled 'Oral Sex Is The New Goodnite Kiss'....And that it is common for teenagers to have sex on the dance floor @senior proms. Several teenagers in the audience were asked if they knew about this & some said yes & some nodded & smiled with the DUH! look............Give me a friggin break!

No comments: