Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Death's Door and Heaven's Gate

I received disturbing news today from my dear friend, Katy. She has been the caretaker for her sister for the past several years, because she has COPD, and other related illness'. Now she is in a downward spiral with her health, has become very thin and frail, however, I know she has a wonderful relationship with God Almighty. Truth known, Trela is probably more comfortable with her situation than Katy is. Isn't it amazing how the person that is about to leave this earth, is more at peace with their departure, than the people 'left behind'. The Hospice nurses have said her sister seems to be giving up', and, I say, why not give up, look what she has to look forward to in God's Glorious Kingdom! I was at death's door when I was quite young. I had a heart attack & was rushed to the hospital. My daughter was only four years old. As I lay in intensive care, hooked up to a monitor, I hear this noise, and when I look up at the monitor and see the flat line. I remember my ONLY thought was 'Oh, it is true, your heart stops before your brain'....Hail Mary full of Grace.......I had no fear of dying, my only concern was getting to Heaven. May God Bless and comfort both of my friends.

No comments: