Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reliancehigh.com

About three months ago, my sister barbara coerced me into helping her create a 'highschool website'. Sounded like a 'good idea', so, I agreed to help to put one together for our little town of Reliance, South Dakota. We now have the website up and running, and, if I have to say so myself, it looks pretty damn good. The only problem is, is that not that many people have actually 'signed up'. Oh, we have hundreds of 'looky lou's', but only a few actually getting involved. No one presently living in our 'old home town' has logged on. I have a feeling it may have something to do with a negative letter I wrote to the 'Town Board' after visiting a reunion in the summer of 2008.

My cousin, my sisters & I were making our 'around town & country drive', doing the 'remember when thing' and making our personal comments about what we were seeing. My cousin goes, 'we all need to write a letter to the town board about the condition of Reliance'. We all agree, and when I returned to Oklahoma, I fire off my letter. As it turns out, I am the ONLY ONE to do so. I'm certain I offended the whole town. I hope I am not Tarred and Feathered the next time I return, or barred from the next reunion. I just have not learned the meaning of 'Diplomacy' in all my years.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned..........................once again. Reliance, forgive me.

No comments: