Saturday, May 23, 2009

Visited 'Papa King' Today

Vicki, Rileigh Shea, & I went to visit Papa King today. It breaks my heart to see him regularly losing weight & getting more frail each time I see him. He has always had a stocky build, and wore it well. A very good looking man. He is on his way to being 73 in October. We had a very nice visit, he had been in his yard preparing a 'canna bed' I think he said he had 50 bulbs to plant.....that's a lot of canna's, I'm a thinkin. I am going back in the morning to take him grocery shopping.........I will take his 'list' and he will wait in the car, as usual.........that's the drill. I am glad that I can do 'this chore' for him. One day I may be in the same dependable situation. Oh, Lord God, I can not even put that picture in my mind. I think I'll be one of those people that live well into the eighties & go out with a bang....do you hear me, dear Lord..........Please & Thanks, as barbara says........

No comments: